I'm currently in my third year of medical school and it's pretty awesome. But I see daily, the effects of being overweight. I'm in the healthy BMI range but I carry my weight like an apple so need it to go. Also... vanity :)
I guess after doing turbofire Kenpo X seems easy…. maybe I’m doing something wrong?
None of the moves really confused me, I made sure to stay low in my horse stance and I did sweat. But during no point in it was I like “I can’t talk right now” hmmm weird…
Shoulders and arms today. It was AWESOME!
Finally got a workout above 1000 pts on fitocracy.
I am a happy panda. Soon to be a very sore panda
Found this on fitocracy to help you log stuff from p90x
Add me on fitocracy: http://www.fitocracy.com/profile/QiheartuQ/
Not bad as I remember but I will definitely be sore tomorrow.
I think I learned to do weights properly. Only do as many as you can with good form etc.
I am pumped for tomorrow!
Hopefully my dad can install my pull up bar… I was going to install it… but apparently our house door frames have too much moulding and not enough structural support. :P stupid pretty house.
I also got Just Dance 3 for Wii. I’m excited to try it out tonight.
Resting HR: 55
Pull ups: 0 (I can engage my shoulders and back but no bend at the elbow)
Vertical Leap: 13.5 in
Push ups: 18
Toe Touch: need to remember to do this… but I can palm the floor in forward fold
Wall Squat: 57 s
Bicep Curls: 8 reps at 15 lbs each
In & Outs: 40
HR Maximizer (HR didn’t really increase that much… and I jumping jacked my hardest….)
Immediately after: 156; 1 min: 108; 2 min: 96; 3 min: 90; 4 min: 78
Overall, not too bad I have to say.
I went trail running with lovinghappyhealthy today! It was awesome. A little achy in my left arch but I loved it!!! It’s so nice to run NOT on pavement and to have a gentle breeze cooling my face.
So as of yesterday I officially finished everything required for the first 2 years of medical school so now I can leave this island and go take my step! Super excited. I’ve been planning my summer like whoa.
Books to read: Hunger games, House of God, Yoga Mala, Light on Yoga, Game of Thrones, The China Study, Nutrition: Science and Applications, The Girl Who Played with Fire, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, and.. I might do some LSAT books for fun because I heard they have logic puzzles
Places to go:
- I’m going to Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, and other parts of China this summer with my mom! SO EXCITED.
- And also heading to the East Coast for a bit for my first Indian Wedding!!! And then hopefully I’ll be moving to NY!
Workouts to do:
- Starting April 20th I’ll be starting up with p90x. I’ve tried it in the past and utterly failed because I wasn’t quite in shape for it and I tried to do it on top of 5-6 hrs of dancing everyday.
- I’m going to try Bikram yoga for the first time. I have my groupon coupon for 10 classes and I am pumped. The studio I’m going to also has other styles so I want to try Astanga yoga too. For the past eh… 8 years or so I’ve been doing mostly hatha and vinyasa so it will be exciting to try something new.
- I’ve also taken up running so I’ll be doing that on my off days from p90x or maybe on strength days. I REALLY like running now that I’ve learned that I can’t just sprint the entire time. I have new headphones from Seinhemmer(sp?) and I got that zombie run app so once I get my iphone we will be running. Probably fast because I get scared pretty fricking easily.
- Walking more. My mom loves post dinner walks, I think it’s an asian thing. So I’ll be doing that a lot with her and my dad.
- Rock Climbing/Ballroom Dancing: Soon I will be back in the US and I will be able to take up my old hobbies again.
I know this seems like a lot of lofty goals for this summer, but the way I see it is Set your goals high and see how far you can go. Besides I basically have 3 months or so to do all this, I’m going to make the most of my time.